The aim of the Centre for Science Studies is to do:
- Research in the fields of history and philosophy of science and technology, science and society, and science communication
- Undergraduate and post-graduate teaching across research areas
- Research-based development of education and communication activities
2016.02.23 | Publication
Article in History and Epistemology in Mathematics Education. Proceedings of the Seventh European Summer University
Kristian Danielsen and Henrik Kragh Sørensen publish "Formal proof and exploratory experimentation: A Lakatosian view on the interplay between examples and deductive proof practices in upper-secondary school" (with M. Misfeldt) and "Using authentic sources in teaching logistic growth: A narrative design perspective"
2016.01.12 | Conference
3rd annual meeting in the Danish Network for Philosophy of Science February 5 (10 am) – February 6 2015 (3.30 pm) at Nyborg Strand Participation is free for teachers and researchers in philosophy of science employed in higher education (universities and university colleges). Others can apply for participation. Invited…
2016.01.11 | Publication
Nils Randlev Hundebøl and Kristian H. Nielsen publish their article: "Preparing for change: acid rain, climate change, and the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), 1972–1990s"
Click here for the news archive.
- Wed 11 May
- 10:15-11:45 | Koll G (1532-214)
CSS colloquium: Michela Massimi, University of Edinburgh
Nineteenth century optics and three tales of success-to-truth inferences
- Wed 18 May
- 14:15-15:45 | Koll G (1532-214)
CSS colloquium: Richard Dawid, Stockholm University
String theory and the scientific method
- Schindler, S., 2016, "Theoretical fertility McMullin-style", European Journal for Philosophy of Science. Journal article
- Nielsen, K. H., 4.2016, "Revisiting the web model of science communication". Conference abstract for conference
- Nielsen, K. H., 29.4.2016, "Den fraktionerede forfatter", Videnskab.dk. Journal article
- Buhl, H., Nielsen, H., 1994, "Made in Denmark". Anthology
- Knudsen, H., Nielsen, H., 22.3.2016, "Uranbjerget - Om forsøgene på at finde og udnytte Grønlands uran fra 1944 til i dag". Book
Department of Mathematics
The Centre for Science Studies is part of the Department of Mathematics.