Siyu Fu will present her work at PCST Webinar
Public Webinar: Science Communication in East Asia, 15 June 2022 at 10-11 am (CEST)
This webinar explores contested histories and contemporary challenges in science communication in East Asian countries. These countries share the same cultural origins, yet they vary dramatically in their modern development. Their political and socioeconomic differences, but also their different interactions with Western, i.e. Euro-American, culture, have impacted the way in which science communication is supported, performed, and understood.
The speakers will reflect on national, regional, and international perspectives on science communication. They will discuss opportunities and challenges to science communication as a field of research and professional practice in East Asian countries.
- Mahaletchumy Arujanan, Global Coordinator, ISAAA-BioTrust, and Executive Director, Malaysian Biotechnology Information Centre (MABIC)
- Kei Kano, Professor, Shiga University, and Director, NISSAN Global Foundation
- Kamila Navarro, Science Editor of Wildtype Media Group, Singapore, formerly De La Salle University, Philippines
- Guoyan Wang, Professor, Soochow University, China and member of Scientific Committee, PCST Network
- Siyu Fu, PhD student in Science Communication, Aarhus University, Denmark
Emma Weitkamp, Associate Professor in Science Communication and Co-Director, Science Communication Unit, University of West England Bristol, and former Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Science Communication